You will learn the Vipassana meditation technique and be given guidance on how to incorporate it into your daily life.
This is a 10 day non residential meditation retreat that goes at the pace that is right for you and is based on your needs.
You arrive at our centre each morning and leave each afternoon (please see approximate timings below).
Please sign up to the mailing list for details of our next retreat.
2 Burgh Street, London, N1 8HF
The retreat is based on donation. Your place is paid for by someone's donation and you will have the opportunity to donate so that someone else may benefit from a future retreat.
1. Please wear comfortable clothes that will not distract anyone.
2. Please bring a vegetarian lunch
3. Please bring a suitable support to sit on (e.g. a cushion). You may leave your support at the center for the duration of the retreat. If you need to sit on a chair, we will provide one for you.
4. Photo ID (passport or drivers licence)
It takes at least 10 days to learn the basic technique. The rules are designed to help you to learn it. The more you are able to follow them during and outside official sitting, the more progress you will make in learning and benefitting from it. Continuity of practice is key.
1. No alcohol, drugs, cigarettes or sexual activities.
2. Avoid eating meat and fish, caffeine, work, the telephone, computers and social media.
3. Talking should be kept to an absolute minimum (i.e you may speak to the teacher but not to the other participants during the retreat).
09:00 - arrival
09:15 - 10:15 - meditation
10:15 - 10:30 - break
10:30 - 11:30 - meditation
11:30 - 11:45 - break
11:45 - 12:45 - meditation
12:45 - 14:15 - lunch
14:15 - 15:15 - meditation
15:15 - 15:45 - (discourse)
15:45 - 16:30 - meditation
16:30 - end